For more information on any of the openings below, give us a call at (302) 674-0223.
Surgical Physician Assistant
Dedicated to Women is looking for a surgical PA to work alongside Dr. Wendy Newell overseeing the general surgery wing of the practice in Dover, Delaware. The PA who specializes in surgery assistance will have extensive knowledge of surgical procedure as well as specific areas of healthcare studies. The primary role of the surgical PA is to assist licensed physicians in patient surgery, provide daily hospital rounds and scheduled outpatient office days weekly.
- Performs comprehensive and problem-focused histories and physical examinations
- Performs minor surgical procedures
- Performs daily morning hospital rounds
- Maintains outpatient office schedule of 25-30 patients in 8-hour office day
- Performs First Assist duties in surgery
- Orders and interprets laboratory and radiographic studies
- Educates and counsels patients
- Renders emergency care
- Write orders and progress notes
- Handles discharge planning and dictates discharge summaries
- Use, protect, and disclose patient’s protected health information (PHI) in accordance with Health Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Perform other duties or projects as needed
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Communication literacy
- Excellent clinical judgment
- Skill in negotiation and conflict resolution
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full-Time position. Hours are dictated by surgery schedule; generally, Monday through Friday.
- Travel between facilities is required. Must be able to travel when and where needed.
Required Education and Experience
State of Delaware Board of Licensure Requirements:
- Has graduated from a physician assistant or surgeon assistant program which is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
- Has a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent education to a baccalaureate degree, as determined by the Council and the Board;
- Has passed a national certifying examination acceptable to the Regulatory Council for Physician Assistants and approved by the Board;
- Is licensed under this chapter to practice medicine as a physician assistant;
- Has completed any continuing education credits required by rules and regulations developed under this chapter; and
- Completes a collaborative agreement with the collaborating physician
Certified Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant
General Statement of Duties
To assist Physicians in providing care for patients on a daily basis.
Helps maintain patient care area.
High school diploma or equivalent
Medical assistant or nursing assistant training or certificate
Clinical Manager- Sarah Caldwell
Executive Director- Jeff Coldiron
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Calls patients from waiting area
- Obtains vital signs, including: blood pressure, height and weight, LMP. Places patient in physician’s office or exam room.
- Assesses patients through observation and history, update patient information including current medications and allergies.
- Administers or prescribe medications per doctor’s orders
- Assists physicians with examinations, procedures, prescriptions, orders and treatments
- Removes staples and sutures as directed by physicians
- Prepare and monitor patients undergoing fetal monitoring/NST
- Ensure patient charts contain all pertinent information and are placed in designated areas for Physicians’ use. Provide patient education and test results, as directed by physician
- Comply with patient needs at all times
- Other duties as assigned including front desk
- Clean and stock exam and procedure rooms daily
- Oversee and ensure efficient turnover of exam rooms
- Scrub and package instruments & speculums for autoclave
- Run /monitor autoclave/ Biological identifier log
- Label and package specimens and complete appropriate paperwork
- Monitor supply levels and replace as needed
- Attend required office meetings
- Other duties as assigned including front desk
- Must be a graduate of a formal medical assistant or nursing assistant program
- CPR Certification
- Requires occasionally lifting of heavy or mobility impaired patients
- Requires full body range of motion and manual dexterity
- Requires OSHA exposure training to chemicals, communicable diseases and body fluids
- Requires working under stressful, high volume conditions Requires working with other professional staff to accomplish daily tasks individually and as a team.
- Requires strict adherence to Customer Service Guidelines, as published in the employee manual.
- Requires completed Hepatitis B vaccine records
- Supports the mission and vision statement of the organization
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- May require cross training to other areas, to insure daily office tasks and responsibilities are accomplished
- Be a reliable employee; keep tardiness & call outs to a minimum.
- Attendance is crucial
- Travel to all 3 locations is required; Middletown, Dover & Milford
Skills and Abilities:
- Identify problems and recommend solutions
- Prepare and maintain electronic records via EMR
- Familiarity with basic EMR & PC applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, staff, and the public
- Communicate effectively and clearly, verbally and in writing to staff, patients, providers, managers and executive director.
- Read and interpret written information
- React calmly to emergency situations
- Identify safety hazards and precautions and maintain a safe work environment
- OSHA & sterile technique knowledgeable