Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARCs) in Dover, DE
What Is Long-Acting Reversible Contraception?
Long-acting reversible contraception methods are highly-effective forms of birth control that last for several years and are easy to use. They are also reversible, meaning that if you want to stop using them for any reason, they can be removed at any time. Many women find a long-acting reversible contraception method to be their best option for birth control.
If you’re interested in LARCs in Delaware, contact Dedicated to Women OBGYN today to schedule a consultation in Dover, Middletown, Milford or Rehoboth Beach. Our board-certified OBGYNs can work with you to see if long-acting reversible contraception is right for you, and if so, which option will work best for your needs. Give us a call at (302) 674-0223 to get started.
How Effective Is Your Birth Control?
The following forms of birth are long-active methods with little to do or remember after the procedure. These forms of birth control lead to less than 1 pregnancy per 100 women in a year.
- The implant
- IUD (Hormonal)
- IUD (Non-hormonal)
- Sterilization for men & women
The following forms of birth control lead to 6-12 pregnancies per 100 women in a year.
- The Shot: Injected by your HCP every 3 months in your buttock or upper arm
- The Pill: Taken by mouth every day
- The Patch: Applied weekly to belly, upper outer arm, buttock, or back
- The Ring: Inserted vaginally every month
- Diaphragm: Inserted vaginally every time you have sex
The following forms of birth control must be used or practiced every time you have sex. These methods of birth control lead to 18 or more pregnancies per 100 women in a year.
- Condoms: Worn by men & women
- Withdrawal: Man removes penis from vagina before ejaculation
- Sponge: Inserted vaginally
- Fertility Awareness: Requires consistent tracking of fertility signs
- Spermicide: Inserted vaginally
Schedule a Birth Control Consultation
There are many types of birth control available, and it can seem impossible to find the right solution for you. Luckily for women in Delaware, the team at Dedicated to Women OBGYN are here to help. Our gynecologists are board-certified and have extensive experience working with patients to find the right birth control option for their specific situation. If you’re interested in long-acting reversible contraception, contact us today to schedule an appointment in Dover, Middletown, Milford, or Rehoboth Beach. Give us a call at (302) 674-0223 to get started.